Warmer weather is usually the start for a heavy flea or tick season. These ectoparasites thrive on hosts, usually animals.
Preparing your establishment for a flea treatment:
- Vacuum all carpets and rugs thoroughly, including beneath beds and upholstered furniture.
- Remove all items, such as toys, clothes and pet food from floors. Be sure to close and put up any opened exposed food.
- Wash or replace all pet bedding (indoors+outdoors).
- Treat pet or animals, for fleas and ticks.
- AC and fans need to be turned off during treatment period.
- Arrange for people and pets to be out of the structure for 4 hours until the treatment period is complete.
- Vacuum flea infested areas, every day, for at least 7 days after treatment.